Where 2 Go
More to explore……
This map is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License see licence
- Places to visit
- Pinsla Gardens and Nursery, near Cardinham – PL30 4AY – 1 mile to south-west
- Colliford Lake with good walks, mainly on west side, with dam at south end and Colliford Tavern (under new management – camping, restaurant etc.) at its north end – PL14 6PZ – 5 or 6 miles to north
- Cardinham Woods also with good walks across and around; and Woods Cafe at centre – PL30 4AL – 2 miles to south-west. Also has top class mountain bike trails for the fearless riders.
- Carnglaze Caverns, nr St Neot – visit caves and gardens in daytime; evening performances in the famous rumstore large cave – PL14 6HQ – 5 miles to east
- Bodmin & Wenford Steam Railway, Bodmin – PL31 1AQ – 5 miles to west
- Bodmin Jail, Bodmin – PL31 2NR – 5 miles to west
- Lanhydrock House and garden (National Trust) – PL30 5AD – – 3 miles to south-west. This has a wonderful spring garden. In addition there are mountain bike trails and tuition for children.
- Cheesewring (rock formation) & Hurlers (stone circles), Minions – 9 miles to east
- Sterts Theatre, Upton Cross – PL14 5AZ – 11 miles to east
- Wheal Martyn China Clay Museum with parkland, cafe etc – PL26 8XG – 14 miles to south-west
- The Camel Trail– multi use 18 mile largely traffic free trail
- Eden Project, near St Austell – PL24 2SG – 14 miles to south-west
- Trethorne Leisure Park, near Launceston – PL15 8QE – 16 miles to north-east
- Pencarrow House and Gardens, between Bodmin and Wadebridge – PL30 3AG – just off A389
- Popular Pubs
- The London Inn, St Neot, PL14 6NG, 01579 326756
- Halfway House, on A38, Twowatersfoot, PL14 6HR, 01208 821763
- Colliford Tavern, nr Colliford Lake, PL14 6PZ, 01208 821335
- Blisland Inn, Blisland, PL30 4JK, 01208 850739
- Jamaica Inn, Bolventor, PL15 7TS, 01566 86250
- The Cheesewring, Minions, PL14 5LE, 01579 362321
- The Old Inn, St Breward, PL30 4PP, 01208 850711
- >>>>>>>> More suggestions for other nearby attractions welcome. Please email us at email@example.com or use ‘comments’.
You must be logged in to post a comment.